Gift exchange is a major part of celebrating the holidays, but did you know the whole act of gift-giving can offer psychological benefits? Giving a gift is a universal way to show interest, appreciation, and gratitude, as well as strengthen bonds with others, sources say.
There is an enormous sense of satisfaction when seeing the expression on the face of someone you’ve given a gift to. A way to express feelings, giving reinforces appreciation and acknowledgement of each other. The feelings expressed mainly depend on the relationship between giver and recipient.
So, there are some things You should know before choosing a gift:
1. Know the occasion.
Depending on the theme of the party and the age and gender of the host, different gifts would be recommended. You'd get a 13-year-old girl something different than a 28-year-old man, of course.
2. Think of the purpose of party.
Are they getting married? Is it for their graduation? Think of these things and you may know already what to get. The present should be something they could use for the purpose of the event e.g. baby items for a baby shower.
Below are some sample ideas for different occasions. Try a few of these or think of your own.
- Mom's birthday/Mother's Day. Try jewelry, a cookbook (if she likes cooking), a book she'd love to read, a movie you can watch together, or a poem you wrote about her.
- Dad's birthday/Father's Day. Get tickets to a sports game, a mug with a funny saying, a watch, or a scrapbook of your memories together.
- Teenager's party. Get gift cards to the movies, CD's/iTunes gift cards, a journal, a T-shirt, or a movie.
- Gift for a young child. Get a stuffed animal, an easy book, bubble blowers, crayons/markers, toy trucks, or barbies (or other toys).
- Gift for your friend. Get a photo frame for a picture of you two, a gift card to their favorite store, a magazine, a book, or some origami.
- Baby shower. Get pajamas, bottles, blankets, books, toys, bibs, soaps, nursery lamp, or baby powder.
- Wedding. Get cookware, a frame, a platter, ornaments, a wedding canvas, pillowcases, or a vase.
And of, course, in all these cases You can just choose flowers, and You won't be mistaken, we assure You!
Category: Gift Ideas, Suggestions